We love this fan created LEGO version of the teaser trailer for Sherlock series 3… SherLEGO Lives!
Welcome to my blog!
Here you shall find Sherlock, Doctor Who, LotR, cosplay and whatever else I fancy!
If you have a question ask away!
I love hearing from my lovely followers!
10 Signs Your Kitty Actually Loves You
Ever wondered if your kitty really loves you? From finicky to feisty, our feline friends aren’t always the easiest to read. Unlike dogs who make their affection for us loud and clear, cats have far less obvious ways of communicating how they feel. If you want to discover just how much your cat cares about you, then check out these 10 signs of true love.
1. Head butting. If a person were to do it to you, then you’d have a pretty good idea of what they were trying to tell you, but with a cat it’s a whole different story. To be on the receiving end of what is actually known in the cat world as ‘head bunting‘ is a very special privilege indeed. During this exchange your cat deposits facial pheromones that represent their feelings of trust and safety they have with you.
2. Powerful purrs. Cats purr for all sorts of reasons, but there is one unique full bodied rumble that your kitty saves exclusively for their true love. Purring also lowers your kitty’s heart rate and helps them to relax and exhibit feelings of contentment.
3. Love bites. If your cat is a chronic nibbler, then chances are they’ve got a thing for you. It’s pretty easy to tell the difference between a love bite and a regular cat bite, one hurts and the other tickles! Nibbling isn’t a common sign of love, but when a cat employs it, they’re trying to say “you’re awesome.”
4. Tail twitching. You can tell a lot by looking at a cat’s tail. Just as their tails puff out when they get scared or agitated, their tail will twitch at the very tip when they are feeling bliss. If you notice this action when your cat approaches you, then you can be sure that they think you rock their world.
5. Tummy up. When your cat throws itself on the floor and starts rolling around, they are trying to get your attention. Cats only show their tummies voluntarily to those they can trust. Feeling safe means a lot to a cat, so when they sprawl out in front of you, this is a sign that they feel loved and protected.
6. Licking your hair or ears. It’s not often that humans are deemed worthy of these very special grooming sessions, but if your cat has chosen to bestow you with hair or ear licking, rest assured you have been welcomed into the inner circle. Grooming is one of the most obvious signs of the friendship and trust you have with your furry companion.
7. Kneading. Kittens knead against their mothers to stimulate milk production, which is why experts believe that kneading behaviour in cats is nostalgic of kittenhood and acts as a way of reliving the happy moments they experienced as little ones. So next time your kitty starts moving its paws up and down on you, remember that they are not just trying to soften you up before taking a nap, but that they’re expressing their adoration for you.
8. Slow blinking. It is said that cats kiss with their eyes, so don’t expect to share this sign of affection with any old cat. Cats save eye contact for people they know and trust. If that eye contact is coupled with slow blinking then you’ve just received a kitty kiss. Return the love by mimicking the behavior.
9. Nap time. Kitties crave warm safe places to sleep, so if your fluffy feline decides to snuggle down beside you or better yet, on your lap, then you should feel especially honored. Cats are most vulnerable when they are sleeping, and there is no greater compliment than when they choose you as their snooze spot.
10. Gifting. There is no denying that a small dead something is not at the top of our wishlist, but a kitty that presents you with this bounty deserves to be praised. Despite our domestication, cats still have the inner hunter and sharing their prizes with you is a sign of true friendship.
If you’ve been fortunate enough to share your life with a cat, then you’ll understand that they are consciously connecting with us. Whether it’s via grooming, purring or snuggling up, cats are loving and affectionate individuals that form very special bonds with their favorite people.
"Just the two of us against the rest of the world!"
my mother and sister went to the Crayola factory and brought this home for me
This is officially the best thing ever to have been giffed.
The lil jump at the end though
This boy dressed up as Harry Potter and went around Penn Station looking for Platform 9 3/4.
The person in the fourth gif is watching his dreams come true in front of him
my headcanon is that Hufflepuffs are like super duper badass
like the reason you never see an angry hufflepuff is because no one who has seen an angry hufflepuff is still breathing
demons run when a good man goes to war
What the fuck? Whitewashing? It’s a danish fairy tale! You can’t just throw in diversity for the sake of it. It has to make sense, thats like if people were like “Why are there only Chinese people in Mulan?” Because it takes place in fucking China before anyone immigrated there!
"typical light hair, fair skinned, blue eyes" The only other Disney princesses that fits that description all the way would be Cinderella and Aurora. The only other one close is Rapunzel. Disney does extremely well with making the animated princesses fit the time period and area they are from. Let me show you a thing.
Alright this is Snow White. The whole reason this is her name is because her skin was as white as the fucking snow. She had hair as black as a raven. And lips as red as a rose. Snow White was originally a GERMAN fairytale. Ya know what color they are in Germany? White….
Now this bitch right here is Cinderella. This movie was made in 1950. Ya know what was going on in 1950? Segregation. So I doubt that in 1950 they would make some black fairytale princess considering Walt Disney was white and all the employees at Disney were white, and I’m sorry but in the 1950’s all the white people were racists. Yes, Walt Disney was fucking racist. But that’s because of when he grew up and how things were. He was actually a pretty loving and kind man and I’m sure that he would’ve had an open mind to ending segregation if he had grew up different. FYI Cinderella is French. French people be white.
This chick right here. Her name is Aurora. Her movie was made in 1969. There were still racist little bastards then. But ya know what, she’s also freaking French. And in her original fairytale her hair was the color of sunshine gold, and lips that shamed the red red rose.
Now meet Ariel. She is often times many people’s favorite cause she’s fun and quirky and her hair looks like a fucking fire truck. Her fairytale is Danish. Danish people are white. The Danish fairytale though? It’s actually based off of stories sailors told of seeing this girl with bright red hair and the tail of a fish. Idk, but have you ever seen a naturally red headed black woman. Cause I haven’t….
Now Belle here is the frenchiest of the French. Her story is actually based in France. Not just a nice fairytale that was made in France. Again, French people are white. But you see light hair on her. No. She is brunette! And she has brown eyes. Nuff said.
Now this…. this is Jasmine. She is not white, she does not have light hair, and she does not have light eyes. She is brown. And beautifully so. And she’s not so sweet and fragile either. She is independent and don’t need no man.She is Arabic and she looks like it. I don’t see any white washing here. See this is where white washing would ACTUALLY come into play. If they made Princess Jasmine, based off of Princess Badroulbadour from an Arabic folk tale, and made her white. A white girl in Agrabah. Nope.
My personal favorite. Pocahontas. Again. No white washing. She is nice and brown, and has nice Indian features. Thing about her? She was a real lady. In fact her sequel actually told her story better than the first one.
Meet mulan. She’s Chinese. She saved China. Nuff said.
This lovely lady is Tiana. She made a lot of ground as being the first black Disney Princess. She was from New Orleans. She’s american. This movie was based in the 1920’s and they did her right because she was a waitress, working 3 jobs just to make a few dollars a day. She lived in the slums/the ghetto with all the other colored folk. They kept it right to the time period they were representing but they also made her fa-boo!
Now this chicky is my girl punzy. She is the first Disney Princess since 1991 that was white. I think 20 years time is a good amount of time to bring in another white Princess. Disney had wanted to do Rapunzel for a long time. She’s one of the classic fairytale princesses. Everyone know who this chick was, but there was no Disney movie about her. The reason why they didn’t she make her movie in the 90’s was because she was white. She was just another, golden haired, fair skinned, damsel in distress. I am soooo happy they waited on this one too. Cause after being in the works for so long they took this story about a chick with long hair being rescued by a Prince, and they made her this barefoot, rebellious, bad-ass, sweetheart, that was magical and already a Princess. In fact her “prince” wasn’t a prince. He was a thief. And the coolest thing, so that she wasn’t just a typical blonde princess, they cut off her hair and it turned brown. So now she’s this edgy but sweet brunette, short-haired, girl. Also, the original fairytale is German, so Disney stayed true to it’s roots and kept her in a German setting.
This is Princess Merida. She is Scottish. Technically white. But still not just some American accent, blonde, white girl. She made a big leap in the Princess world because unlike all the others who are all strong too, she didn’t even find love in the movie. Who knows, maybe they’ll make a sequel a few years later where she’s older and more grown up and she gets married. Fun fact, Brave is loosely based around Scottish folklore of King Fergus.
So yeah, white washing would be if they made the beautiful ethnic ladies here just white. Alot of fairytales come from mainly white countries. Disney is just trying to tell a good story. Maybe they should look more into some Arabic fairytales, maybe some African ones. But all they’re doing is staying true to stories and lands.
I love you.
My roommate and I are really sick and we look like shit, but we were hungry so we ordered pizza.
But we didn’t want anyone to see us, so we asked them over the phone if we can leave the money on the door and they can just drop off the pizza.
The guy said sure.
So we decided to leave a nice little note
and we hung it above the door bell. I hope they like it!
Ever wondered what it costs to live in 221B?
We’ve joined forces with Confused.com to make an estimate of just how much it would cost to live in 221B Baker Street - read on with the infographic below to discover all…
Brought to you by Confused.com
Excuse me, waiter, I did not order a previously-dead consulting detective.
Peek Behind-the-scenes at Tennessee Aquarium’s Baby Stingrays!
A new Haller’s Round Stingray arrived at the Tennessee Aquarium with a surprise of her own to share: she gave birth to a litter of five on October 21, soon after her arrival. Each baby measures about three inches (7.6 cm), minus the tail, and could grow to be slightly larger than 12 inches (30 cm) in disk size. Born fully developed, the babies are immediately able to swim and require no parental care.
Learn more today at Zooborns
DID YOU KNOW BABY RAYS ARE BORN ALL ROLLED UP LIKE BURRITOS ACCORDING TO THE NATIONAL AQUARIUM IN BALTIMORE
BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT THAT EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS